Monday, July 30, 2012

Latitude 2012 - Thursday


Latitude 2012 had finally arrived!

Given the weather forecast for the weekend, and the already very wet conditions under foot after the wonderful summer weather we had recently, I had agreed with my mate Paul, who I was going to the festival with again, that I would I leave my car at a nearby location and he would drive us both in as he has a 4x4 which would get us on and off in the mud (hopefully!). Given the conditions it was the right decision.

After doing the school run for my oldest and then dropping my youngest at pre-school it was off on the car journey to Suffolk with the iPod spinning the sounds of first Weller “..at the BBC” and then the very good new Dexy’s album “One Day I'm Going to Soar”. Traffic on the journey up was pretty good and even the M25 behaved itself!

Met Paul at around 1pm and we arrived at festival at just after 2pm. A little bit of a queue to get in to the site but we were soon in and headed off to same area that we camped in last year which isn't too busy compared to some of the others as you can see from the ariel shot below!

 

We got the tents all set up in the sunshine and had a beer to celebrate outside our tents. Now before I get even more sarcastic comments on the choice of drink – this was provided to me by Paul and I spent the rest of the weekend on the proper stuff!

Then we headed off into the arena area for a wonder around and a couple of ales followed by a lovely homemade burger from the Isle of Arran. As the rain started to come down we decided to head back to the tents for a nightcap. After a quick vodka & orange the rain really started to come down so we decided to call it a night and head off to our tents for a relatively early night in preparation for the event to properly kick off on Friday.

As an aside this was the first time that I had come on Thursday (usually I had rushed up on Friday arriving at around 1pm a little stressed and missing the first few bands) and it definitely made a difference for the rest of the weekend with getting all set up on Thursday and a relaxing start on Friday before catching the first acts of the weekend. Big thank you to Mrs D who gave me the pass and permission to go up on the Thursday!

(All live Latitude pictures with kind permission of Paul Waring except for aerial shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment